Boiler Repair in Baltimore, MD
A dependable heating system is a must in the Baltimore area. Maryland winters can be downright frigid and if your boiler isn’t working properly, you have a serious problem. So, what do you do on a frosty night, when your boiler is in immediate need of repair? Call on the professionals at Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions to come to your rescue.
Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions has been servicing heating systems in the greater Baltimore area for over 33 years. With an excellent reputation and skilled technicians, Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You never have to wait in the cold for one of our dedicated and experienced technicians to come to your aid.
Boilers are among the most common heating systems in Maryland, and with good reason. They’re thorough, dependable and long-lasting. Boilers are typically the system of choice for commercial buildings and multi-family dwellings. Given the proper maintenance, a boiler system can last 20 or 30 years and still perform the task of heating your home or business.
Typically, when your boiler begins to lose its efficiency, or stops working altogether, there can be a simple fix. In order to avoid more costly repairs, or replacement of your unit, you should address minor repair needs at the first sign.
Some Common Causes for Boiler Repairs Are:
- Unusual Odors. If you notice an odor, of any kind, coming from your vents, or you boiler, it’s necessary to call a professional technician immediately. This could be an indication of a gas leak, or a faulty pipe. The odor could also be a sign of a clogged vent.
- Corroded pipes. These are cause for concern as they release sediment which clogs the ductwork and piping of your boiler system and prevent the flow of water necessary to heat your home or business. Frequently, this can be remedied by a professional cleaning or flushing of the system.
- Water Leaks. If you notice water around the boiler unit, or the nearby pipes, have your unit serviced immediately. Continued loss of water from your boiler can make it difficult for your unit to maintain a temperature necessary to heat your home. Your repair could be as simple as replacing a pressure valve and end up saving you a bundle in fuel costs.
- Abnormal Sounds. All boilers make noises during operation. One season of use and you’ll become familiar with the song your boiler sings. If you notice unusual sounds such as whistling, loud clanging, or anything out of the ordinary, it could be an indication that one or more of your boiler’s components isn’t working correctly. You need to call a service technician and set an appointment before your boiler shuts down completely.
- Hissing. If you notice a hissing coming from your unit it’s imperative that you call a service professional right away. Hissing is a sign of iron or sludge deposits which cause problems with your water distribution. If the distribution of water is uneven, your unit will work overtime to operate, which can cause your boiler to overheat and shut down, resulting in costly repairs. Save yourself money and headaches and have the hissing addressed before it turns into a bigger problem.
Schedule Boiler Repair in Baltimore, MD Today!
Boilers are not necessarily complicated, but you certainly want the repairs performed by a professional. Trust the experienced and knowledgeable people at Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions to do the job right and keep your unit running. Call Air, Plumbing & Heating Solutions and schedule an appointment before you’re left in the cold.
Fill out our contact form to the right or call us at (410) 356-4016(410) 356-4016 for an estimate!
Emergency Service Available 24/7
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Master Plumber 10218
Master HVAC 5864
Awarded Last 8 Years